Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Government or Church?

In my book I make the point that Governements by thier very nature are not able to give in ways to truly help the poor. In impoverished countries, the Christian organizations that are empowering the local Church and applying the RAISE principles are the organizations that bring real and lasting change. Governmental spending just can't compare.
Now you might expect me - a Christian - to argue in this fashion. But when an atheist takes this position for different reasons side - Governments would do good to listen.

Read here: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/matthew_parris/article5400568.ece

1 comment:

W said...

Hi Jonathan,

I received your book from a friend and have been enjoying it. The RAISE principles are excellent.

Would you be interested in doing an interview? I host a podcast with Food for the Hungry. Our listeners would be really interested in what you have to say.

Wendy